Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Found My Smile in California

So today was a long day... 815 miles and I'm in Evanston, WY from San Francisco. I'm not quite sure how I made it that far in one day, or rather how my ass has made it this far, but I managed to keep a smile on my face the whole time. My trip has been incredible so far, but it never really sank in. Maybe it was too much, but now I get it. I've had an amazing ride and even though I'm heading home I'm still managing to have fun.

So here's a little taste of whats put me in such a great frame of mind.

Golden Gate Bridge



Rt 1 North of the city





Stinson Beach




The road to Muir Woods, amazing ride




I really wish the scarlet monkeyflowers had been in bloom






This dude was way too serious about taking pictures, his wife was ready with extra lenses




These rocks totally looked like a frog from where I was standing


Random couple talking, I told them I was taking pictures for a class




The goggles might be a little creepy



Back on Rt 1. I decided to get some sandwiches and lemonade and walk out to this really cool point from off the road. Most amazing view of the ocean. You can also see a bit of the road that I took, incredibly twisty and awesome. best bike ride I've ever had.


Crappy picture of the place I ate dinner.
















And there we go. That smile has been stuck on my face ever since. Soon I'll post some pictures of the Salt Flats I went through today! For now though I need some sleep, another long day ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment